Saturday, April 30, 2011

Why is it...

Why is it that no one ever tells you being a Christian will be the hardest thing you ever do in life. I mean we all know Peter and he well, he is clear but when I read his letters to the Corinthians, well I think gee that's them. That's the old times. Well it isn't. Its here it's now. Being Christian takes hard work, it's not some mindless devotion, or blind following.

I choose Jesus. Everyday, sometimes every minute. I fail in my walk every day sometimes every minute but I get back up and try again. It takes effort to go against what I feel like doing to do what is right. It takes everything I have to hold on to him and his promises when everything screams just let go, It takes hard work to do his will and to hold on. No, I am not always happy and no life isn't always what I thought it would be but "Better is one day in your courts, than a thousand elsewhere;" This is truth.

5 comments:

  1. So true, it feels like swimming against a current. Or remember those big circles at the play ground that you would run around to spin and when it was going fast enough you would jump on and hold on for dear life, otherwise you would go flying and be ejected across the playground, yeah, kinda like that. I feel you, totally. However, the blessings, the realness of who He is, His presence -felt- not just known, reminds me daily that He is real, and in the end He is all that matters. Prayers to you and Adrianna for strength to firmly grasp, and hold on to Him for dear life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say because you said it all so perfectly.

    I love that song...we don't hear or sing it often enough but it is a beautiful reminder of our hope.

    Thanks for sharing your heart. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said, "It takes effort to go against what I feel like doing to do what is right. It takes everything I have to hold on to him and his promises when everything screams just let go, It takes hard work to do his will and to hold on." And this is why it is so difficult, because YOU CARE. A lot of people stop trying when the hard winds blow. Hang on, it won't always be this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are holding on to the truth when your emotions want you to let go. Cling to the truth - hold on tight and He WILL carry you through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a Christian is very hard work, but worth every second. Through Christ I have found purpose and genuine love. Trials come, but God's love endures and carries us through day by day. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete