Saturday, April 30, 2011

Ahhhh, the joys of bonding.

So as you all may know this journey isn't always rose colored and all peachy keen. Some times it can get UGLY, lol because we are human and well we fall short, duh! Basic Christianity 101 right. So we are on a shuttle ride back home after 3 appt. and a tooth extraction. We have just been told that, we have a Saturday appt. at 11:30 am. I know my daughter very well, so I can tell she is upset to hear this. Also She is 14 so she isn't really to concerned about hiding the fact that she is irritated. For those of you with teenagers, I'm sure you know what I mean. Eye rolling, you know the works. So she turns her lil' glare (wonder where she got that from huh?) at me and says " Why do you do that, isn't it enough that we are here monday-friday now you want to be here on the weekends to." followed by " I am going to give you the silent treatment now ok, so don't talk to me".  Ok, those of you who know me, well you know that I wanted to smack that child from here back to California, but I didn't and like a good lil' momma, I turned around and yelled in my head. Then I prayed, then I text a friend.

I get it she is sick, and she is tired. There isn't much she can control. I get it. So, I try to explain that I get it, of course she ignores me. I try to explain that I am just given the appointments, that I too have no control.....Ahhhh the joys of motherhood.

3 comments:

  1. You are a GOOD mother. Just remember that. Raising a teenage girl is rough and you have it triple hard. Hang in there. You are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you for being honest with your feelings! I am so glad that you feel safe enough to share that you wanted to "smack her back to California"! BUT, best of all, you held your tongue, sent up a prayer and then reached out for help. You are on the RIGHT TRACK. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the mom of three teenage daughters I am right there with ya! There are bad days, there are good days, and every once in awhile - we have a GREAT day. Here's to all of those great days yet to come!

    ReplyDelete