Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ending our first week...

And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
John 14:13-14

So our week has been busy to say the least. I was unable to hold off more blood draws, so she received a few more pokes but she was a trooper. They will need to harvest some of her current stem cells in case the transplant doesn't take. Which means a bone marrow aspiration is necessary. She is unable to use the new method because the medicine they use to enrich the blood stream with stem cells has side effect that are too risky to try at this point. So Monday afternoon at 12:45pm she will be in surgery, for an old fashion bone marrow aspiration. As some of you may know this is extremely uncomfortable. Monday she will also be getting her central line (Hickman). This will make her life much easier, they will be drawing her labs from there so no more pokes..Yay! They will be harvesting her marrow just in case the transplant doesn't take. I pray and ask that you all please pray for no pain and that the transplant and all the procedures that it entails go as painlessly and as smooth as possible.

Now that I'm done with all the medical jargon time for some personal sharing.

I see my beautiful daughter and I am so amazed that that beautiful smile never leaves her face. So many people ask, How do you keep that smile? Her smile broadens and she says I just do. I am amazed by how God's hand has been through this journey every step of the way.

Dree has made a friend which is such a great thing because she really has no peers. Most of the time she is too tired but she has mustered up energy to just hang out. I often wonder or I guess worry about her, Is she lonely? Does she miss being a kid? She is so shy and quiet, and keeps so much to herself. She has asked what is feels like to be in love, and what if feels like to kiss a boy. I know she misses dancing,jumping,running and playing. I know she longs to see the world. I don't know what God has planned for her but I do know that she is walking the path she is supposed to. I know that God has not given her more than she can handle. She smiles and I look into her eyes and see the joy and peace that surpass all understanding... So I shake off the worry and the doubt, and the sadness. Then I too smile...

7 comments:

  1. I am thanking God that Adrianna has a friend. Not only as a companion for her but I know that her friend will be blessed and encouraged by Adiranna's faith and her smile. I love you both and pray for you continually. will pray for a good weekend before the surgery...that your time together will be special and God will be extra near.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is so full after reading this. Words tumbling about. Joy and sadness mixed together. Oh how blessed I am to have met such an amazing family. We all love you and are praying for you. I'm thankful for Adrianna's new friend and that the care she is getting is so good. So much to be thankful for during such a difficult time in your lives. Keep your eyes on Jesus and rest in the safety of His embrace. You are God's children and He will never leave you nor forsake you. I wish I could be there to hug you and hold your hand. I'm sending my love and wishes and prayers. You are in our heart, on our minds, and forever loved. Give your beautiful daughter a hug for me.

    Monday at 12:45 we will pray our hearts out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the doctors and nurses bless Adrianna by tending to her medical needs I can see how she will be a blessing to them and all around her with her beautiful smile and sweet spirit. Praying for Adrianna and all of her family. Sending lots of love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a hard and beautiful time for you. You are brave and selfless to share it with us. God will hear your prayers and the prayers of everyone who loves your family. His plan is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes God has a plan for both Adrianna and you. Jer 29:11. Adrianna's smile is so beautiful and she shines the Lord right through it. She is a brave young lady and an inspiration to all she meets. Keeping you both in prayer daily. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know you but Cherie has told me about Adrianna's situation. My prayers are with you all and I know God hears prayer. I personally know the fear you are experiencing because my daughter fought cancer 15 years ago and won. No matter how much faith we have it's so hard to not be scared. Just hold onto Jesus and don't let go. That is what will get you through this. He cares for the little sparrows in the field so how much more does he care for Adrianna and your whole family. God be with you all. Marty Barclay

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy Adrianna made a friend!!! What a blessing they will be for each other! Your friendship has blessed my life Scarlett (and continues to). I pray that the surgery went smooth and as painless as possible yesterday. Stay wrapped in the peace and strength of the Lord!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete