Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A new perspective...

Here’s a new perspective for you. This time its Keri writing, I and my mom flew up on the 6th and we will stay till the 26th. I am so happy to be here and to be spending time with Scarlett and Adrianna but we are having our ups and downs. Today Adrianna went through full body radiation and she’s not feeling too hot, she’s been pretty nauseous and throwing up since we got back to the Children’s hospital and the medicines not doing much to help stop it. Tomorrow we start day 0! She will get her transplant at noon; luckily it can be done in her room. I feel like Adrianna’s spirits are up and they have been since we got here. Even though these next 2 days are going to be really rough, she seems to be ok mentally.
On an easier note, since I’ve been here we’ve gotten to have some fun. With a photographer that took pictures of us all messing around, and me and her painting while listening to music like Justin Bieber, Hannah Montana, and Jeremiah Mullins and just getting to hang out every day. It’s been 5 days and she won’t let me leave her side (not that I care) but even to eat, I get death glares. I have stayed every night but one and when she sleeps I busy myself, and when she’s awake we watch TV, talk, paint, play pranks on our mothers, take small walks, and just have fun.  I sit here at 845pm and think about this little girl that has taken my heart and become one of the most important, strongest people I know. I have been here in Seattle for 5 days and I always see a smile (or smirk) on her face. I feel like I am constantly in awe of her strength and I strive to have half as much as she does. For all 4 of us these next couple of days/weeks are going to be difficult but I know combining the strength that each one of us posses we will get through it. As I think about my most recent tattoo, that I got for Adrianna “For she is far more precious than jewels” proverbs 31:10 I think of how accurate it is. This beautiful, strong, stubborn, and pure hearted little girl is so much more precious than jewels. Watching her heart and her strength throughout this all gives me hope to continue.
Right now Scarlett is finally getting the sleep she so desperately needs, and Adrianna is sleeping off the medication and resting from the radiation today, as I’m sure resting for the big operation tomorrow. Earlier today she wasn’t feeling well and she was very nauseous, since then all she has done is sleep and she seems to be feeling better.

5 comments:

  1. So glad Scarlett is getting the rest she needs.

    Praise God for giving Adrianna the strength and stubbornness she needs to fight this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri, great blog. You are an awesome friend to Adrianna and she is lucky to have you there by her side. Keep your head up high and continue to bless Adrianna and Scarlett with your friendship and amazing spirit. God knew you needed to be there during this time and I'm sure Adrianna couldn't be happier to have you there with her and her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your update and for your love and care for Adrianna and Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO MUCH for keeping us posted. Give them love from us down here. We are praying and we will continue to pray. Praise God because He is the Healer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying hard today! love to hear the fun stuff, but know that we are praying for all of you constantly. Please keep us posted! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete